Many thanks to those who forwarded entries for the U8 Monster Football Blitzes at Dunmanway on next Saturday, July 21st.
Due to the large number of entries, two time slots will be in operation from (1) 10am to 12pm and (2) 12.30pm to 2.30pm, respectively.
As stated previously, it was 'first come first served' in terms of allocating places in the earlier slot.
Please check the list and let Kevin O'Donovan know if there are any errors or omissions. Also, please inform him immediately, if the number of teams which you are bringing has changed.
- Teams of 7-a-side (panels of 10)
- Entry fee of €10 per club (please pay on the day)
- U8 Go Games Rules as per Fun Do pack (i.e. no soloing, pick-up allowed, small First Touch football... all rules and format will be explained to all players / mentors before Game 1, therefore assembly at the appointed time is essential
- Unlimited substitution
- We will fit six U8 pitches on each of the two fields in Dunmanway, therefore catering for a maximum of 12 games and 24 teams, simultaneously.
- All teams will play 3 x 20 minutes games (10 minutes per half)
- Each club is asked to bring at least one referee.
- Each club is asked to bring the appropriate small First Touch footballs.
Further blitzes are scheduled for August 4th (Hurling) and August 18th (football) and venues / bookings will be confirmed ASAP. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact Kevin O'Donovan.
No changes will be made to the schedule unless two clubs agree to switch places. There are still further places available in slot 2.
Slot (1) SCHEDULE & TEAMS; 10am to 12pm (total 24 teams)
10am Assembly & registration
10.30am Game 1
11am Game 2
11.30am Game 3
Beal Atha an Gaorthaigh
Shane O Duinnin
Cl na nGael
Slot (2) SCHEDULE & TEAMS; 12.30pm to 2.30pm (total 17 teams)
12.30pm Assembly & registration
1pm Game 1
1.30pm Game 2
2pm Game 3
O D Rossa
GAA Games Development Administrator,
Kilmeen, Rossmore, Clonakilty, Co. Cork.